Pages

Friday, November 25, 2011

bibbity bobbity blue!

What a beautiful day to go blueberry picking! We gathered up our friends and headed to a nearby orchard. We couldn't help but sneak a little taste while we filled up our buckets. Some were sweet and some were tart.
All that running around sure made me hungry! We decided to have a picnic at the park. I made blackberry jam sandwiches. It was easy to add a simple, pretty touch with a flower cookie cutter. Pretzel rods, apple slices, honey peanut butter, and veggie fruit juice completed our lunch.
The next morning I used the blueberries in our pancakes. I just followed the regular pancake recipe and simply tossed the berries into the batter. I made them into a heart shape because they were made out of love!
My mom made "Blueberry Basket Cupcakes".  They're chocolate, my favorite! We shared them with our friends who went with us. Blueberry season is over, but there is always something in season! So we'll be pickin' again soon. Until then..

Love, Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment