Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Upcycle: box to dollhouse

Hello summer! Too bad it's raining today. A great way to have fun and stay out of mom's hair while she works.. make something! (Besides a mess!) haha. During the school year my mom saved a couple of these boxes for crafts. They certainly came in handy because today I channeled my inner interior designer and made a chic dollhouse. I couldn't leave my little brother empty handed so we also made a Skylander box for him too. Super easy! Super fun!

They aren't quite finished yet.. still want to add some finishing touches, but wanted to share what I put together so far. Hope you like!


Supplies:
Box(es)
Magazines with home stuff/furniture
Scissors
Spray Glue or deco glue
Scrapbook paper

Simply cut out what you want to decorate with and glue them to the box. See, told you it was easy!




I used the front and back of my box. The living room/office on one side, and the bedroom on the other.

I will probably add on later. Maybe a patio with a grill or garden on the outer side or something. I can't wait to get more boxes and make more rooms.. stack them and create a whole apartment complex! hahaha! The possibilities are endless!

For Jr we cut out images from his Skylander lego boxes and created a mini battlefield. Cool part is, when you're done playing you can store your toys right in the box and put it neatly away.
Hope you enjoyed this dollhouse tutorial! Happy Crafting!

Love, Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment