Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

just roll with it

Good Morning! Let's start this day with some breakfast.. shall we? I love omelets. They're easy to make, you can put whatever you want in them, and they are yummerific! I found a way to make it fast and pop it in the oven so you don't to watch it and flip it over. Set it, and forget it! I'm posting the recipe for the omelet roll, but just to let you know, I had to make a few changes because I had to use what was in our kitchen and wasn't prepared to make this.. but my tummy waits for no one! Try using other ingredients too. Like peppers and sausage with a side of salsa! mm! Or mushrooms and spinach. Whatever you like to use in regular omelets..  just roll with it! ^_^

Baked Omelet Roll
6 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup shredded cheese

**We were all out of shredded cheese so I cut up some string cheese. I also added chopped lunch meat. (ham and turkey)**
Photobucket
Photobucket

1. Preheat oven to 450.
2. Grease a baking sheet or wax paper, place in a 9x13 jelly roll pan.
Photobucket
3. Combine eggs, milk, flour, salt, and pepper. Pour into prepared baking sheet.
Photobucket 
4. Sprinkle with cheese and other fillings.
Photobucket
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes, (until eggs are set)
6. Starting at one of the short sides, carefully lift the baking sheet and slowly roll up omelet.
7. Place seam side down on a serving plate and cut into slices.Photobucket
Right now I'm visiting my grandma in Florida. Quick and easy recipes like this one is great for times like this when you have a lot of people to feed. Plus it makes a pretty nice presentation. Start your day off with an Eggcellent breakfast! That's how I roll!
Love, Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment